We’ve all done it. You promise to pray a novena for our job, for a friend, for our mom. Somewhere around day five you wake up in the morning and realize that you forgot to pray your novena the day before. Shoot. Again.
About nine years ago I started a Novena Reminder service which was very popular but due to changes in our email service, we had to shut the service down. Ever since, I have been looking for an email service that will allow subscribers to unsubscribe from a list and resubscribe later since people typically want to get a novena reminder more than one time in their lives.
We’ve finally found an email provider – Mail Chimp – that actually lets people resubscribe to a newsletter so we are bringing back the service.
Here’s how it works.
- Sign up for the Novena Reminder Service on the day you want to start a novena.
- Confirm your subscription when you receive the approval email.
- Check your inbox every day for nine days for your reminder. Your first reminder will probably arrive within the hour and the rest will show up every morning.
- If you want to receive reminders about date-specific novenas (Christmas, St. Joseph, etc.) just stay signed up and we’ll automatically send them to you.
- If you want to get your own novena reminder again, unsubscribe from the newsletter and then resubscribe.
That’s it! We hope you enjoy the service. Please let us know if you have any suggestions for improvement.