Saint Joseph Sunday Missals are Delayed

by Ian on November 3, 2011

St. Joseph Missals are Delayed

St. Joseph Missals are Delayed

We just received word from Catholic Book Publishing that the St. Joseph missals won't be shipping until January.

If you already ordered one, I would recommend switching to a Daily Roman Missal which we have confirmed are coming out late this month.

Carl Levander November 6, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Uh-oh. Trouble getting their missals out of China again. Those atheistic communists are SO unreliable!

Ian November 6, 2011 at 11:06 pm

I think you’re being sarcastic but if their missals were coming from China we wouldn’t sell them. I think they are being printed in Korea.

Dennis Brickle November 23, 2011 at 4:14 am

It would seem to me that any publisher has had more than enough time to get their personal missals in order, published and mailed in order for those of us who still prefer a hand missal to actually use them in concert with the New Roman Missal, Altar version. I mean, Really! How much time do they need or can they only publish one book at the time?

Ian November 23, 2011 at 8:38 am

I wish things were different. This certainly doesn’t help us as a retailer either.

R. William Pratt November 27, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I am sorely disappointed in your delivery info. I ordered WELL in advance and received continual delay messages. It is true that this situation has not enhanced your situation. An occasional delivery slippage is tolerable, but in two cases, you were unable to deliver products I ordered on time. I have canceled both so far. I have one left pending. I’m sorry to say it, but it will probably be the last. It appears to me that domestic sources would have been more reliable. As it is, I have to depend on my church’s ability to provide the missals for me, which, given the delayed printing situation, is highly problematic since this problem affects everyone. This results in my worship becoming problematic and somewhat disconcerting. I was depending on your delivery promises to be able to learn and take proper part in the new Catholic liturgy, but that too has become problematic. This is just shameful in my opinion.

Ian November 27, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Unfortunately, we have absolutely no control over the printing dates for missals so I do hope that you will direct your anger at the publisher and not us.

Steve Batt December 2, 2011 at 11:22 pm

This is no surprise coming from Catholic Book Pub. They consistently put out there annual guides at the very last minute. They’ve had more than enough time to accomplish the new version. What’s worse is there is NO INFORMATION on their website about the new translation. Not one word. That’s even more shameful and terrible customer service.

Robert Henault December 19, 2011 at 7:40 pm

We are Catholics and should understand patience and with our liturgy changing so much this year and since we have been doing it wrong for so many year we should be forgiving. The company is trying to provide a nice book at a reasonable cost so like someone said, all other company are late as well so patients please.