One of the things we have always believed at Aquinas and More is that just selling stuff is a pretty lousy mission for a Catholic bookstore. If we as a store aren’t actively helping Catholics to get more out of their Faith and helping non-Catholics to understand what Catholicism is about then we might as well be selling car parts.
We have been hard at work putting together a series of Lenten articles (we’re not done yet) that I want to highlight.
- Shrovetide – What Fat Tuesday really is. (It has nothing to do with gluttony)
- Why are there 40 days in Lent?
- Ash Wednesday and the history of ashes
- The Seven Last Words of Christ (There are more than seven)
- Henry II – fan of Pontius Pilate
- The Legend of the True Cross (Christ wasn’t the only one to drag it through Jerusalem)
- Christ descended into Hell (or not)
- Passion Sunday (It ain’t what it used to be)
- The events of Christ’s Passion
We hope you enjoy these and the other 300 Catholic articles we have written about Catholic traditions, liturgy and products.