Why We're Voting For Obama

by Ian on October 29, 2008

As a store we haven't really taken sides in this election apart from a couple of posts here , here and here and my daughter's endorsement of Chuck Norris. So, we figured it was about time to say something about the upcoming election.

This was going to be a video but time constraints and missing video camera parts have resulted in a much lower-tech version than we had planned. Sigh.

I'm voting for Obama because:

Ben October 30, 2008 at 11:00 am

I noticed that he dropped the $250K to $200K when listening to his speech. I also noticed that he specifically said something to the effect that he wanted to “expand domestic oil production” while he has often said, even recently, that he opposes more drilling.

Hard to know what he believes.

scot October 30, 2008 at 2:29 pm

this is just sad. i am voting for someone who cares about the meek in our society, someone who cares about the planet god gave us, someone who puts people before profit and humanity before greed. someone who cares about all the people in the world, not just his closest friends. i am voting for obama – a man who embodies the philosophy of jesus. i truly am my brothers keeper

Michael October 30, 2008 at 4:41 pm

I would encourage people to watch this video clip:

It gives one a startling picture of Senator Obama’s ghastly position on abortion. I wholeheartedly agree with Archbishop Chaput of Denver that Senator Obama would be “the most committed abortion rights candidate” to ever lead a major party’s presidential ticket. There is so much at stake.

I hope and pray that faithful Catholics will make the right decision and do whatever they can do to prevent an Obama presidency. Prayer must be the first thing!

Kyle November 1, 2008 at 7:25 pm

At first I was very hesitant to read (humor sometimes passes me by) but as I read on I though that this is absolutley hilarious. Thank you.

Renee November 2, 2008 at 4:58 am

Great job in putting this list together. I have been on your mailing list for several years now and almost deleted your RSS feed when I read the title of your post (“Why We’re Voting For Obama”). After clicking the first link I realized it is a faceious title. Hope others don’t get the wrong impression from the title.

God Bless you in your ministry :))

Shalimar November 3, 2008 at 1:32 pm

I HOPE this is a sarcastic posting… but knowing you guys, I’m sure you AREN’T voting for Obama! ;)

Ian November 4, 2008 at 2:23 pm

There is a world of difference between government mandated redistribution of wealth and free giving by individuals. One is called socialism. The other is called charity. Jesus was not a socialist or a marxist.

Mike January 27, 2009 at 5:31 am

I did not vote for Obama because I do not believe in infanticide.